Sunday, October 12, 2008

Where's hummus from?

FP reports that the president of the Lebanese Industrialists Association announced that Lebanon plans to charge Israel with violating a food copyright by marketing hummus and falafel as Israeli products.

This reminds me of when I first moved to the US and people started telling me that pizza was from Chicago (or New York). My answer was: go to Da Michele in Naples and then to Pizzeria Uno. If after that you still have doubts on who invented pizza, you should have your taste buds checked.

So, I have no clue about the origin of hummus and falafel. However, I tried them in most Middle Eastern countries and there is no doubt that the Lebanese variety is by far far far far far the best (and the best hummus is the one homemade by my mother in law) and this should settle the issue.
-------------------------------------------------
DiggIt!Add to del.icio.usShare on Facebook

No comments: